- Promote high quality education in the home, masjid (mosque) and school.
- Promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of Muslim children towards the attainment of good character (taqwa).
- Provide parents with the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to advance the education of their children.
- Campaign for high quality education and the pursuit of academic excellence.
- Promote greater participation and engagement of parents in schools as school governors and members of parent associations or parent teacher associations.
- Promote effective parenting.
- Provide advice and support to parents in supporting the education of their children.
- Advise and assist parents in positively liaising with schools in meeting the needs of their children.
- Act as a forum for parents' views and a medium for liaison and discussion between parents on educational matters.
- Promote more accurate understanding of Islam and Muslim cultural awareness among educators and educational institutions.
- Work with other community groups, statutory bodies and schools to promote the objects of The Association.
Seminars and Wrokshops
Our seminars and workshops are designed for parents in particular and will be of value to anyone who is interested in education. They are run as evening or half-day sessions and as whole day programmes.
Trainers: All our trainers adopt an open and participative style to create a safe and relaxed training environment in which everyone can learn and contribute.
Charges: A nominal charge applies to all our half day and full day programmes but most of the shorter evening information seminars or workshops are Free but pre-registeration is essential.
Our seminars and workshops includes:-
- Raising confident children
- Parents supporting educational success
- Parenting for good character
- Creating the Islamic home
- Becoming an effective parent governor -making a difference
- Understanding pupil and school performance data
- Education and schooling: Understanding laws and regulations
- Meeting the religious needs of Muslim pupils in schools
- Islamic Reflections on Education
The MPA - What we do?
The Muslim Parents Association is an independent, non-profit making organisation that provides advice, support and training for Muslim parents to advance the education of their children on a variety of themes.
Run by Parents for Parents
"The child has a different relation to his environment from ours. Adults admire their enviroment; they remember it. The things he sees are not just remembered; they form part of his soul. He incarnates in himself all in the world about him that his eyes see and ears hear. In us the same thing produce no change, but the child is transformed by them." Maria Montessori, The Absorbent Mind.
Meeting the needs of Muslim pupils in state schools by the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB)
Adobe Acrobat document [8.6 MB]
New online access!
Thanks for visiting our new website. Browse it to find out more about us and our projects.